Bates quick facts
- User charges - 0 (operating costs are fully covered from indirect charges and direct central administration support).
- Number of racks - 70.
- Configuration - 7 rows of 10 racks each.
- Average power per rack - 10KW.
- Max power per rack - 12KW.
- Battery UPS backup - 10 racks in 1 row, 15 minute coverage.
- Cooling - in rack-door water heat-exchangers.
- Modest extra open space for specialized equipment/racks.
- Point of contact - Jim Kelsey.
The Bates high-performance research computing facility is operated by the Laboratory for Nuclear Science (LNS), within the School of Science. The facility is located in Middleton, MA in a building that is part of the linear accelerator facility that LNS operates.